The Run Down
- Excellent rates that beat industry averages
- Loan terms up to 84 months for new or used cars87
- Refinance your higher rate auto loans and save
- No prepayment penalties — reduce your interest by paying early
- Same-day approval in most cases with a simple online application
- Get a 0.50% rate discount when you use the Alliant Car Buying Service81
- Use our car loan calculator to estimate your monthly payments
APRAs Low As
60 mo.Max Term
APR=Annual Percentage Rate87
Don’t forget your rate discount
Save more on your auto loan rate when you use the Alliant Car Buying Service.81
“Best Credit Unions”
“Best Credit Union”
“Best Credit Union”
Car loan calculator
Our online car loan calculator will help you estimate your payments so you can find the right loan for you.Loan Amount Term (Months) 84 72 60 48 36 84 83 82 81 80 79 78 77 76 75 74 73 72 71 70 69 68 67 66 65 64 63 62 61 60 59 58 57 56 55 54 53 52 51 50 49 48 47 46 45 44 43 42 41 40 39 38 37 36 35 34 33 32 31 30 29 28 27 26 25 24 23 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 APR
New Used Custom Calculate
Types of credit union loans for cars
New car loan
That new car smell is even sweeter with terms up to 84 months.87
Used car loan
You hold the keys with a used car auto loan at a great, competitive credit union rate.
Refinanced car loan
You could save on interest by refinancing your current auto loan to a lower rate at Alliant.
How to get your credit union car loan
You could get a competitive rate online in a matter of minutes. You pick the term that works best for your monthly budget.
- Get a preapproved car loanSubmit an online loan application or apply by phone at 800-328-1935 (available 24/7). We will process your application and notify you when your preapproval is completed, usually on the same day.
- Complete your loan documentsBe sure to bring your preapproved loan to the dealer, as this will give you maximum leverage and help you negotiate the best deal. Once the deal is finalized, send us the purchase agreement and we can finalize your loan documents using DocuSign.
- Finalize your car loan financingWe’ll send the funds for free via FedEx 2-business day shipping. Contact your loan consultant if you want it to arrive sooner for a fee (FedEx Overnight Shipping for $18 or FedEx First Overnight Shipping for $22).
Alliant perks to help you save on your new or used car
No prepayment penalty on all auto loans is just one of many perks you’ll find at Alliant. Any of our members can also enjoy discounts on car purchases, maintenance and repairs.
Alliant Car Buying Service: Save 0.50% off your auto loan rate
Get upfront pricing, guaranteed savings and a discounted rate on your online car loan when you use the Alliant Car Buying Service powered by TrueCar. Members save an average of $2,019 off MSRP.1
Alliant Vehicle Service Program: Save money on repairs
The Alliant Vehicle Service Program powered by CarAdvise saves you an average of 25% on vehicle maintenance and repairs, and allows you to schedule service with thousands of certified service providers nationwide.
Your nationwide digital banking co-pilot
Fasten your seat belt! We’re here to help you with your car loan anytime, anywhere with Alliant’s online banking and mobile app. Your award-winning digital experience starts with an easy online application and continues with 24/7 support.
|New Vehicle Rate
|6.75 % APR
|Used Vehicle Rate
|7.37 % APR
|7.37 % APR
|Used Vehicle Rate 10-15 years
|10.37 % APR
APR=Annual Percentage Rate87. APRs shown above are stated as low as and may vary based on factors such as make and model of the vehicle, collateral type, payment method, creditworthiness, and ability to repay.
Credit union car loan FAQs
How can being preapproved help me when I’m vehicle shopping?
Being preapproved helps you focus on negotiating the best price, knowing that you won’t end up with high rate financing when you close the deal. Plus, dealers tend to take people more seriously when they come in with preapproved financing because it means you’re ready to do business and not just “window shopping.”
How fast can I be approved for a vehicle loan? Can I be approved the same day that I apply?
In many cases, your loan may be approved the same day that you apply. We understand that sometimes the vehicle-buying process is urgent. Our loan specialists will answer your questions and help expedite the simple application and approval process.
Can I pay off my loan quicker than the payment schedule?
Yes. At Alliant, there are no prepayment penalties for paying off your loan faster than your payment schedule. In fact, it’s a great way to save on interest over the long run.
Do you offer a debt protection plan?
Yes, we offer a debt protection benefit plan in the event of death, disability or involuntary unemployment. Read about the debt protection plan or speak to your Loan Consultant for additional details.
Does Alliant do car lease buyouts?
Alliant lease buyout loans are processed by our partner, Lease Maturity. Rates advertised by Alliant are not applicable. Learn more and start an application on the Lease Maturity site. By clicking on this link, you are leaving an Alliant Credit Union website and are about to enter a website operated by a third-party, independent from Alliant Credit Union. Alliant does not manage the operation or content of the website you are about to enter. The privacy and security policies of the site may differ from those of Alliant Credit Union.
What should I do if I can’t make my payment on time?
Alliant offers a Loan Assistance Program to support our members who are suffering through a financial hardship and need extra help to get back on track financially. Learn more on the Alliant Loan Assistance Program page of our website.